Monday 16 September 2013

SEVENTEEN Mirror Shine Lipsticks in Beehive, Pinked and Shouty

SEVENTEEN
Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive
Boots £4.79

I'm not normally a lipgloss fan - I'm more likely to reach for a tinted lipbalm. I do have a few lipsticks, but these are usually creme-textured pale colours for during the day, and the odd tomato red or deeper peachy pink for evening. So when I came across the Mirror Shine Lipsticks from 17 in Boots, I'm not really sure what possessed me to give them a try. But try I did and I eventually went back for another shade, and yet another. The three I've included in this post are Beehive - a sheer rose; Pinked - a sheer pale pink; and Shouty - a more punchy but still sheer cerise.

Beehive (in the first image above) is my favourite of the bunch, and I'm on my second stick already. It's a perfect warm, rose pink. The little mirror included in the packaging is fab for touch ups during the day - and you will need to touch these up as they are by no means long lasting.


Pinked (above) is a much cooler toned pink and looks fantastic with pale ash blonde hair. This shade is a touch too cool for my skintone, but I still think it's a really lovely colour. I sometimes use it over a peach lipstain to add a bit of shine and pinkyness.



Shouty (above) gives a stronger, but yet still wearable colour.

The formulation of these is like nothing I've ever come across in a lipstick before. It's almost like a balm, yet they give such a glossy finish that many have asked me what lipgloss I am wearing. Wearing these everyday and reapplying several times, hasn't caused any dryness at all. However, all three shades mentioned here are very forgiving if your lips are already a little worse for wear, with the exception of Pinked which sometimes builds up on dry patches. This can be easily remedied by patting the dry areas with your finger to lift the over-abundance of colour.

The last time I went to Boots, these were on a buy-one-get-another-half-price offer, which means these little beauties are extremely affordable as well as practical. They have also recently updated the packaging and there always seems to be new shades joining the existing palette. I'm hoping to pick up Belle and Camisole next, but I could quite easily grab the whole lot.

1 comment: