Wednesday 18 September 2013

Organic Surge Eye Gel

Organic Surge
Eye Gel
Organic Surge £8.49


I've tried a few Organic Surge products and although I love the price points, company philosophy and ingredient ethics, some of the skincare range I tried has put me off. The Daily Care Face Wash is very harsh on my skin so it became a back and chest wash. The Super Intensive Daily Moisturiser and the Overnight Sensation Night Cream are much too rich for my skin so I used them up as hand creams. I notice there is now a Blissful Daily Moisturiser for normal/combination skin which I would have been willing to try except: what's that in the ingredients list? It's my old nemesis = the much dreaded shea butter (an incredibly acnegenic substance).

Goodies from the range include the First Class Mask which is fantastic and really sorted out any dry patches (and no shea butter in sight - yay), and the Refreshing Toner was also a good buy and it smelled lovely.

The Organic Surge Eye Gel is in a whole other league however, and is a forever repurchased kinda product for me. My last eye cream gave me those little "milia" bumps all around the tops of my cheeks and brow bone, indicating that the formulation was too rich. The Organic Surge gel however, is light, refreshing and hydrating. I absolutely cannot fault it apart from that time I got some right in my eye and it hurt (Beware - MENTHOL!)

I dab a touch of this around my eye socket morning and night, and that's it. Job done. It ensures your eye area stays hydrated and bright and it doesn't affect undereye concealer or eyeshadow as it is instantly absorbed (you may want to use a primer for longer lasting results). With other eye creams or when using nothing at all I would get odd, dry, itchy patches on my eyelids that stuck around for months. I haven't seen a recurrence of these patches at all since using this gel. Perfection!

Ingredients:  Aqua (Water)*, Glycerin (Veg)*, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis Extract*, Polysorbate 20, Alcohol Denat*, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract*, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract*, Menthol*, Acrylates*/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol*, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.
*naturally-derived ingredient. Free from animal-derived ingredients. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

No comments:

Post a Comment