Saturday 14 September 2013

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Treatment Pads

Nip + Fab
Glycolic Fix Treatment Pads
Boots £12.99

I bought these radiance-boosting pads from Boots when they were on a 3-for-2 offer and I've just finished the third tub so that's around 6 months of using them almost every day. The magic words which lured me into this purchase were "glycolic acid" and "hyaluronic acid" - the holy grail of ingredients for my rubbish skin.

Each tub of Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Treatment has 60 pads for exfoliating, brightening, refreshing and retexturing (all of my favourite things!). The glycolic acid aims to retexture and resurface; the hyaluronic acid will moisturise and refresh; witch hazel purifies and tones; and the added blue daisy extract soothes and calms.

These pads really go a long way to giving you the skin you want - pure, clean and smooth. I'm not sure how strong some of the ingredients are, however. I feel my Liquid Gold is a much more powerful exfoliator, and my Hydraluron serum plumps my skin up more efficiently. But buying these two separately is quite costly, and if you aren't sure if glycolic and hyaluronic acid are for you (I'm willing to bet your skin will love them, but it's best to start gently) then these are an ideal starter purchase. They are strong enough to yield a noticeable effect, and you'll get a tingly feeling the first time you use them, especially if you don't usually use liquid exfoliators.

One gripe I do have is that they do leave a slightly sticky, tacky feeling on the skin but once I carried on with serum and moisturiser etc. this effect largely disappeared. This negative is only a small one though, and wouldn't put me off purchasing them again. I see there's now a deep cleanser, a foaming cleaner, and a serum in the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix range which I'm dying to try (apart from the serum which works out at more than double the price of Liquid Gold - ouch). I'm hanging off buying them in the hope there will be an another awesome Boots offer in the near future...


Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B), Disodium EDTA, Globularia Alypum (Blue Daisy) Extract, Panthenol, Lactic Acid, Parfum, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linalool, Geraniol, Citral

No comments:

Post a Comment