Thursday 12 September 2013

Dior Rosy Glow in 001 Petal

Diorskin
Rosy Glow in 001 Petal
Escentual - £25.90

Isn't this beautiful? I bought the Diorskin Healthy Glow Awakening Blush Rosy Glow in Petal 001 as a treat for myself when I submitted my Masters' dissertation earlier this year and I can hardly bear to use it! When my hair was a very light ash blonde, I always went for pinky toned blush to perk up my complexion. Now I have cultivated a much warmer copper shade of hair, and popular consensus is that redheads should avoid bright pink (gah, who else hates all these beauty "rules"?).

Well, so I thought. While this blush looks bright in the pan, it's actually incredibly subtle on the skin. So subtle in fact, that I struggled to get a swatch picture. Rather than a hit of colour, this blush gives more of a soft focus, brightening effect. Even with my redder hair, this doesn't make me look oddly flushed at all. It apparently reacts with the moisture in each skin tone, giving a custom colour. I have quite dehydrated skin so I do wonder how Rosy Glow managed with my lack of moisture...

The blush comes in gorgeous casing with a black velvet pouch for travel. The little brush is handy (and cute) but I prefer a big fluffy blush brush to avoid an obvious stripe of colour. The formulation is fantastic (as you would suspect from a luxury brand) and a faint sweep of blush is still intact at the end of a work day. I'm more of a cream-blush gal, but this gives such a healthy finish, I almost forget it's a powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment